Are you thinking of getting solar panels? If so then you are probably thinking about going for the best option. In this post we will be answering the question, are solar panels worth it?
Are Solar Panels Worth It?
There are some benefits to getting panels, but there are disadvantages that come with them too:
What Are The Benefits Of Solar Panels?
Here are Green Yorkshire Solar’s 3 benefits of solar panels:
- One of the most important things is that solar energy is renewable. It can be accessed in all areas of the world and is available for use every day. We cannot run out of solar energy, unlike some of the other energy sources. Solar energy will be usable as long as we have the sun in the sky.
- Your energy bills will drop. Not only will you be saving on your bills, but if you generate more electricity than you can use, that extra energy will be taken back to the grid and you will receive bonus payments for that amount, as you panels are connected to the grid. Savings can grow even more if you sell the spare electricity at an expense during the day and then buy electricity from the grid during the evening where the rates will be lower.
- Solar energy systems generally don’t require a lot of maintenance. You only need to keep them somewhat clean, so cleaning them a few times a year should help. You can always rely on specialised cleaning companies if you can’t manage to do it. They give this service from around £25-£35. Also, as there are no moving parts, there is no wear and tear. The inverter is usually the only part that needs to changed after 5-10 years because it is always working to convert energy into electricity and heat. Apart from the inverter, the cables also need checking to ensure your power system runs at top efficiency. So, after paying the initial cost of the solar panels, you can expect very little spending on maintenance and repair work.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Solar Panels?
Here are 3 disadvantages of solar panels:
- The initial cost of buying solar panels is fairly high. Nevertheless, solar technologies are constantly developing, so we can guess that prices will go down in the future.
- Energy can still be collected during cloudy and rainy days, but the overall efficiency of the solar system drops. Panels are dependent on sunlight to gather solar energy effectively. Therefore, a few cloudy, rainy days can have a significant impact on the energy produced. You should also note that solar energy cannot be collected during the night when the sun has set and is no longer in the sky.
- If you want to produce more electricity, then you will need more solar panels, as you need to collect as much sunlight as possible. Panels require a lot of space and some roofs are just not big enough to fit a certain number of solar panels that you would like to have. A substitute is to install some of the panels in your garden but they will obviously need to have access to the sunlight.
Solar Panels From Green Yorkshire Solar
Green Yorkshire Solar, are solar panel installers installers based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire. We provide you with the best solar pv panels. For more information on our solar panels please contact us at email@example.com